Micro 4000 NET Dynamic Compensated Ultrasonic Edge Detection System
In the past, wiring for multiple web guides consisted of using long, multi-conductor cables to connect the edge detector and linear actuators to the web guide control enclosure. Installing these long cables and conduit was costly and labour intensive.
Micro 4000 NET uses distributed control technology to eliminate the installation hassles of long cable runs, expensive conduit and tedious wiring checkouts. Through the use of fieldbus communications via a small shielded cable, Micro 4000 NET can send and receive web guide commands from a customer PLC or PC. A compact Micro 4000 NET enclosure is mounted at each of the web guide locations and networked with one simple connection. This set-up uses shorter cables for edge detectors and linear actuator hook ups.
Suitable for narrow and wide web applications up to 240" and unwind/winder applications up to 60,000 lbs. total weight on low coefficient of friction linear bearings. Compatible with DeviceNet, ControlNET, Ethernet, and other industrial networks.
Micro 4000 NET allows instant access to all web guide functions (static centreline, oscillation, remote guide point adjust, manual mode, servo-centre and automatic) and feedback ( edge detector error, actuator position, at in or out end-of-travel limit, at servo-centre and in automatic mode).
Don't need network capabilities? Then choose Micro 4000 NET in a stand-alone configuration that offers these key benefits:
- Compact (10" height x 12" width x 6" depth), self contained, IP66 rated control enclosure- no extra boxes or drives required
- Compatible with Ultrasonic Array edge detectors and the Accubeam II digital line guide
- Easy to use, sealed-membrane function-switch assembly with LED indicators
- High performance PWM (pulsed width modulator) motor drives for quick, accurate response
- Available in Class 1, Division 1 hazardous location models